This Demon Prince took alot of time to assemble and paint. First off, it was probably the worst GW metal model I’ve ever had to assemble – it took me 2 days to assemble because I had so much putty work to do on it. And it was puttying I had to do in stages – assemble the torso, putty the gaps, let dry. Assemble the back pack to torso, putty, let dry…. repeat as necessary until complete.
Painting it was pretty easy, though time consuming – there were alot of details. All in all I used 18 different paints, inks and washes on this guy. I know because it’s an old habit I’ve gotten into when I paint a model or unit – I leave the colour I’ve just used next to my painting area, so when the model’s done, I can either record what I’ve used for the future, or see exactly how many colours went into a model. It can be really surprising, and 18 is not the most for a single guy by far!
I intend to play this guy with wings and Warptime so he will be a serious distraction on the battlefield. Those 2 upgrades are really useful and don’t make him too expensive points wise. I haven’t played with him yet (or any of my Chaos Marines, actually) but I know he’s going to do me proud.
Btw – that’s a shitty photo; he’s much better looking in person.
Points on the table: 155pts Time to paint: 6hrs